Bayswater City Eco Green Directory
Showing 2 Categories
Do you like the Eco Green Directory in Bayswater City?
In Bayswater City, Western Australia, several businesses are contributing to Eco Green initiatives in the city. Here is a list of some of the businesses and their efforts towards sustainability.
1. Good Earth Dairy - This dairy company produces organic milk from cows that are pasture-raised and fed with organic feed. They do not use any hormones, antibiotics, or pesticides, thus reducing the impact of chemicals on the environment. Good Earth Dairy also uses eco-friendly packaging made from recycled materials.
2. Suma Park Dam - This hydro-electric power plant generates electricity using the power of water from a nearby dam. It is a clean source of energy that does not produce any harmful emissions or waste. The plant supplies electricity to the surrounding area, reducing carbon footprint and dependence on non-renewable sources of energy.
3. Eco Cycle Solutions - This waste management company collects organic waste and converts it into compost, which can be used in gardening and agriculture. The company also offers recycling services for paper, cardboard, glass, and plastic among others. Eco Cycle Solutions reduces the amount of waste sent to landfills, reducing methane emissions and soil contamination.
4. Riverside Gardens Shopping Centre - This shopping centre has implemented several sustainability strategies, such as rainwater harvesting for irrigation, energy-efficient lighting, and waste reduction initiatives. They also encourage customers to bring their reusable bags and containers, reducing the number of single-use plastics used.
5. Bayswater Bowling and Recreation Club - This club has installed solar panels, reducing their reliance on fossil fuels and saving money on electricity bills. They have also implemented rainwater harvesting for irrigation and use of eco-friendly cleaning products for maintenance.
6. The Garden - This cafe sources their ingredients from local, organic farmers, reducing the carbon footprint of transportation and supporting local businesses. The cafe also offers vegan and vegetarian options, reducing the impact of meat production on the environment.
7. Bayswater Seafood and Dim Sims - This seafood shop offers sustainable seafood options such as fish from accredited sources and use of eco-friendly packaging. The shop also educates customers on sustainable fishing practices and the impact of overfishing on the environment.
All the businesses listed above contribute towards reducing the impact of human activities on the environment by implementing sustainable practices in their operations. The benefits of sustainable businesses include reducing carbon footprint, conserving natural resources, and reducing waste. Such actions also create a positive image for the business, attract more customers, and reduce operating costs in the long run.
If you are interested in learning more about these businesses or wish to get involved in Eco Green initiatives in Bayswater City, you can contact the Bayswater city council at the following address:
Bayswater City Council
61 Broun Avenue
Morley WA 6062
Phone: (08) 9272 0622
Remember, every action towards sustainability counts, and it is up to each of us to make a positive impact on the environment.
Bayswater City Eco Green Articles